Saturday, December 28, 2013

Phrasal verbs

Main Menu



      



English O-Net 2549(2006)

Directions : Choose the best answer.

21. After a party, you turn to your friend to offer him a ride.  You say: "........................"

1. I can pick you up.                        2. I can give you a lift home.

3. You can come and get me.        4. You can get along with me.

คำคอบ คือ ข้อ. 2 [I can give you a lift home]
Reason  หลังจากงานเลี้ยงเลิก คุณเสนอให้เพื่อนคุณกลับกับคุณ  คุณพูดว่า .......................
จะติดรถผมกลับก็ได้นะ
ตรงกับสำนวน  to give someone a lift  = to give someone a ride
ข้อ 1. ผมแวะรับคุณได้ (pick up = แวะรับ)
to go and and meet someone or get something that you have arranged to take somewhere,usually in a vehicle=collect
pick sth/sth up 
Will you pick me up after the party?
pick up sb/sth  
I need to pick up my bags before we leave.

ข้อ 2 จะติดรถผมกลับก็ได้นะ
(to give someone a lift = ให้ติดรถไปด้วย)

ข้อ 3  คุณแวะมารับผมได้
ข้อ 4  คุณเข้ากับผมได้ ( to get along with someone = เข้ากันได้)

Phrasal verbs (Separable)
Many phrasal verbs can be separated by a noun or an object pronoun. They are separable.
                                                                              Object 
Not separated:                       I didn't turn in    my homework.
Separated (by a noun)         I didn't turn        my homework        in.
Separated (by a pronoun)   I didn't turn        it                               in.

ดูนะครับเราสามารถแยก turn in  ได้

ระวัง
I always look them up in a dictionary. 
I always look up them in a dictionary.
อย่านำเอาคำสรรพนามที่เป็นกรรมมาวางไว้หลัง separable เป็นอันขาดครับ 

turn in ***
1. Tell the police about sb
2. produce sth
3. point inwards
4. give sth to sb in authority
5. go to bed
6. give sth to its owner
ความหมายที่เราเอามาใช้ คือ turn in ในความหมายที่ 4
mainly American to give something to the person who has officially asked for it or who is in charge=HAND IN


Phrasal verbs (Inseparable)

Some phrasal verbs are inseparable.  The verb and the particle can not be separated by an object.

Correct: The teacher called on Pablo to answer a question.
Incorrect: The teacher called Pablo on to answer a question. 


Some inseparable phrasal verbs have objects and some do not.
*Inseparable phrasal verbs that have objetcs;
call on(a student), get in(a car), get off(a plane), get on(a bus),                 get along (a friend), get over(a cold or problem), look after(a child),           run into(a friend)

Mr.Zhang ran into his friends.
Mr.Zhang called on his student.

*Inseparable phrasal verbs that do not have objetcs;
come back, come over, drop by, eat out, fit in, get up, grow up, stay out
They stayed out all afternoon.




ผู้จัดทำ  Mr.Rittichai Sae Tia








No comments:

Post a Comment